Are you or someone you know, a senior of a Plumas or Sierra County high school looking to earn some extra money towards education? If yes, then consider applying for the Plumas-Sierra Cattlemen’s Scholarship! Deadline to apply is April 16, 2018.
- Applicant must be from a farm or ranch family who derives a major portion of their income from this source.
- Applicant from a non-farm or ranching family enrolling in a course of study relating to Agriculture.
- Applicant must be a resident of Plumas or Sierra County for at least one year at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of a Plumas, or Sierra County school. Applications will be accepted during senior year.
- The applicant must have demonstrated high moral character, good citizenship and dedication to American ideals.
- The applicant shall have a cumulative 2.0 grade point average at time of application.
- Applicant must enroll as a full-time student at a 2 year college, 4 year college, or trade school.
- Submit an Official and Signed Transcript of records with application, which shall include the following
- High school grades
- A.T. and A.C.T. test scores (These test scores are not necessary if enrolling in a community college, or trade school.)
- A list of school extra-curricular and other activities you participate in on another sheet of paper. Please include dates and offices held.
- Submit a completed application form.
- Submit THREE letters of recommendation from persons other than the applicant’s family giving information about the applicant’s character and ability. Letters must be submitted with application form.
- Appear for a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee which will be during May 2018
- The money will be available upon proof of registration, after the fall semester begins. It must include name of school and proof of full-time status.
Send complete applications to: Peggy Corbett, P.O. Box 156, Portola, CA 96122
Deadline to apply is April 16, 2018.